WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
The Payroll Specialist will be responsible for full spectrum of payroll duties from ensuring time collection to full process and reconciliation of the payroll process accurately and timely for our U.S. employees. This is a two person team with the Payroll Specialist reporting to the Payroll Manager. The Payroll Specialist will be the first point of contact for all employees contacting payroll.
KEY DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES:
The responsibilities are not limited to the following, other items will be assigned as needed.
- Perform daily payroll functions (auditing, filing, reports, updating payroll related deductions such as 401k, ESPP changes, etc.)
- Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely
- Reconcile payroll prior to transmission and validate confirmed reports
- Research, analyze and resolve payroll-related problems or questions including tax notices
- Set-up and reconcile employee payroll deductions. Identify and research exceptions
- Execute time and attendance processing and interface with payroll
- Facilitate, review and verify timely quarterly and year-end reporting
- Develop ad hoc financial and operations reporting as requested
- 401k administration
- Understand proper taxation of employer paid benefits
- Understand and capable of applying appropriate taxes and reporting of compensation related to Employee Stock Purchase Plan and or Incentive Stock Options
- Process correct garnishment calculations and compliance
- Load import files when needed
- Assist other teams, i.e. Finance, People Ops, Operations etc. with special projects
- Minimum 3+ years of multi-state payroll processing experience, including setting up State EIN’s
- Strong customer service aptitude
- Must have strong understanding of Payroll/HRIS software experience- Workday and Onesource experience a plus
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office programs including Excel, Word, Outlook
- Must have strong critical thinking skills to resolve issues or improve processes. Needs to be self-starter who can work and learn quickly
- Ability to prioritize and work under deadline pressures
- Must be able to reach out for help when needed
- Strong knowledge of payroll principles, best practices, federal and state regulations and procedures
- Analytical skills and ability to perform detailed, technical payroll calculations
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong attention to detail
- Minimum 5 years dedicated payroll experience
- Must have previous work experience for a publicly held company and have strong understanding of SOX compliance requirements
- CPP not required but a plus
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.