WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Reporting to the Sales Compensation Manager, the Commission Analyst will first develop a deep understanding of current compensation practices and philosophy behind the Company’s various compensation plans, followed by assuming administrative responsibility for the Sales compensation plans. It will be the responsibility of the Commissions Analyst to ensure reporting and payments related to commissions are completed in a timely manner and with appropriate documentation. This may also require the Commissions Analyst to serve as the key contact to explain components of commissions to team members who escalate questions. To be successful in the role, the person must be completely unemotional and objective in all matters related to compensation and must exercise absolute discretion due to the confidential nature of the data being managed.
KEY DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Thoroughly understand commission and bonus plans to ensure Commission and Bonus payments are accurate and in compliance.
- Support the overall sales commissions process, which includes but is not limited to working with Sales teams in configuring plans in commissions system, rolling out commission plan documents, maintaining the commissions system to ensure that all data required (i.e. commission rates, quotas, revenue, crediting rules) for all plan participants are accurate.
- Responsible for monthly commission, bonus accruals and other month end close tasks.
- Interface with sales management, sales operations and billing teams to review and analyze revenue data to ensure sales reps are accurately credited for sales transactions.
- Support audit deliverables related to commissions payouts and provide assistance related to SOX compliance testing of sales commissions processes.
- Participate as required, in developing and delivering training materials on commission policies, processes and systems to sales teams.
- Actively participate in User Acceptance Testing activities associated with new or modified system implementations to ensure that systems are properly configured when adjustments are made to current commissions plans or new commissions plans are implemented.
- Research and Resolve any commission payout disputes and process any payout adjustment requests, recalculate commissions, validate for accuracy.
- 3-5 years of incentive compensation experience desired BS/BA in Business, Finance or Accounting
- Advanced Excel Skills, Access and Anaplan Skills are a plus; Database & query experience desired – SQL
- Must possess excellent problem solving skills
- Outstanding communication, listening and interpersonal skills required
- Self-motivated and driven individual
- Ability to work in a high performance, fast-paced team environment
- Ability to prioritize and work well under pressure with a sense of urgency while remaining focused and maintaining accuracy
- Ability to adapt to change and analyze and identify opportunities to increase effectiveness in services provided to clients
- The sometimes uncommon ability to detach emotionally from compensation data and compensation arrangements
- Extremely high personal and professional integrity
- Effective at building strong working relationships at all levels of the organization in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of accounting principles and SOX controls
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.