Application Technical Support Engineer
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
The Trade Desk is looking for individuals ready for a challenge, ready to learn every day and make a difference in a quickly growing industry. What does quickly growing mean? This year, programmatic was a $10 billion industry. By 2017, it’s projected to be over $24 billion. Although it’s already a multi-billion dollar industry, advertising exchanges have been around for less than 10 years and the pricing dynamics are still being figured out.
We seek individuals who get excited to dive into the nuances of this nascent market to help us and our clients develop more efficient optimization methods. We want individuals who are motivated by using data-driven solutions to support client efforts to effectively buy advertising through The Trade Desk’s cutting edge platform. The Support team works closely with the Account Management team to address complex questions and requests and to identify areas for improvement.
We’re looking for someone with experience who is enthusiastic about new technology, has not only the existing technical skills to be successful but also the acumen to learn even more; you’ll never run out of things to learn here. You’re comfortable being a mediator between account and technology teams, helping both reach solutions on high-priority technical issues. There is plenty of room for advancement in this role within the department or otherwise within our company that is a meritocracy.
The objective of the Application Technical Support Engineer is to function as key departmental interface to other teams within TTD: L1 &L2 Support Teams, Engineering, Product Management, Integrations, Data Partnerships and Inventory Partnerships – with a goal of reducing escalations, while maintaining prompt high quality case resolutions. The department/role will engage in critical and deep technical troubleshooting and issue escalation; provide support and case resolution to internal and external clients; proactively seek opportunities to transition work from other TTD fulfillment teams to Global Support; and support training initiatives of the Global Support teams.
KEY DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Multi-task, manage and resolve primarily non-transactional application support requests
- Extensive puzzle-solving, problem-solving and issue troubleshooting
- Work with TTD Fulfillment teams to define requirements, capacity and performance analysis, preparing documents and planning of support tools
- Develop and maintain procedure to recognize application level issues, data and integrations protocol and remediate processes to ensure that issues are escalated and tracked with the appropriate team for resolution
- Take responsibility of higher level access to procedures normally run by SWAT, Integrations, Data Partnerships and Inventory Partnerships
- Participate in deployments and release change, incident management, production workflows and beta testing features
- Perform Pareto Analysis of Support / Fulfillment Team cases to identify areas to develop troubleshooting tools and training
- Identify, document and escalate product/feature improvements via Jira cases analysis
- Meet or exceed team MBO performance objectives
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Advanced level Ad-Ops skills related to industry standards, tracking tag management, video ad serving templates, mobile application troubleshooting, debugging tools
- Outstanding troubleshooting, analytical, and problem-solving abilities, along with an ability to collaborate cross-functionally in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Advanced knowledge of RTB, DSPs, ad exchanges, aggregators, ad servers, and other
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and MS Office, including pivot tables, chart-making, and manipulation of large data sets is a plus
- Advanced understanding of relational databases and reporting architectures
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year university or relevant substitute experience
- 4 – 6 years’ relevant work experience in technical and/or applications support
- Strong project management skills
- Outstanding communication skills (written and verbal)
- Effective time management skills – ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- The ability to lead by example; to teach others; and to maintain top productivity
- Fluent spoken and written multi-lingual skills at a technical level a plus
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.