Regional IT Operations Manager
The Regional IT Operations Manager is responsible for administering, managing and supporting IT Services for THE TRADE DESK internal clients. The successful candidate will be expected to work in a hands on capacity as well as leverage direct staff and/or third party resources as applicable. Excellent customer support and a willingness to roll up your sleeves will be critical for success. The position requires broad IT understanding in desktop hardware, networking principals, OS, management systems, productivity applications, telephony and desktop support to meet the IT department service level objectives.
1. Administers, maintains and is responsible for the following:
- User administration for corporate systems to include e-mail, VPN, telephony, cloud based file sharing, meeting collaboration, Office productivity software, print/fax, end-point security and others as assigned.
- PC & Mac bundle hardware platform standards
- OS Management; MS Windows 7/8/10 Professional and OSX 10.x
- Hardware/Software procurement, inventory management and recycling
- Windows Desktop image management and Software distribution sub systems
- On-boarding/off-boarding process
- IT coordination of Office relocations & build-out
- Leadership and management for in-region direct staff, outsourced resources and applicable vendor relationships
- Timely attention to all internal Helpdesk requests, for assigned region. Assesses the validity of the requests as they arrive, ensures the details within the ticket are complete and that the impact and criticality of the issue is correctly assessed.
- Daily ticket maintenance and management, ensures the requestor stays informed
- Hardware and application software upgrades to meet business needs.
- Prioritization of time sensitive business requests and smart decision making to ensure minimal user impact for their regular work day
- Planned maintenance
- User adds, moves, and changes
- Mobile Device and Endpoint Management
2. Provides initial incident response for unplanned system outages or security threats. Sends out notifications and engages the relevant THE TRADE DESK personnel as appropriate
3. Leverages best practices approach towards projects, implementations, and issue resolution; ability to provide status updates and reports
4. Creates and maintains efficient documentation for IT Standards, Policies, Procedures and KB
5. Maintains a high level of communication and positive professional relations with our current and/or future vendors and suppliers
6. Demonstrated experience with network protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, IPSEC, WINS)
7. Other duties as assigned
- Keyboarding skills and computer proficiency with software knowledge to include MS Office
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills required
- Strong customer service and presentation skills
- Able to analyze customer needs and reach acceptable solutions
- Comprehension and adherence to company procedures and policies required
- Able to effectively manage team members while participating at a hands on level
- Able to maintain confidentiality of information and systems required
- Conduct that supports the company’s ethics, core values, and compliance programs
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk or a combination of the three for up to 10 hours a day
- Position requires the ability to speak and hear 50% of the time
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in related IT or Management field required
- Five to eight years of experience in a similar hands-on role with direct experience in the following areas:
- Outsourced vendor/resource management
- Team management and mentoring
- Experience supporting a multi-location environment
- ITIL best practice and methodologies
- Project management
- Office buildouts and relocations
- Must be committed to a high standard of safety and be willing and able to comply with all safety laws and all of our safety policies
- Must be willing to report safety violations and potential safety violations to appropriate supervisor or management
- Attendance: Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance.
- Regular Hours: Must be regularly available and willing to work at least 8 hours per day, five days per week, or such other hours per day or hours per week as we determine are necessary or desirable to meet business needs.
- After hours, weekends and holidays: Must be available and willing to work from time to time to meet critical business needs.
- On-site Requirement: Must perform duties onsite, except those job duties which are customarily or by their nature performed offsite (such as meetings, deliveries to designated destinations, or training).
- Will be required to carry a company-funded smart phone and expected to respond to urgent calls in a timely manner.
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.