Support Analyst Intern
The Trade Desk Summer 2017 Paid Internship
We are looking for a Summer 2017 Support Analyst Intern who is enthusiastic about new technology and has an appetite to learn new things on the fly – We promise you, you’ll never run out of things to learn here! You will be working closely with the rest of the support team, collaborating frequently with our Account Managers to address complex questions and requests, and to identify areas for improvement.
You might be a great fit for The Trade Desk’s Support Analyst Internship if:
- You LOVE technology
- You have strong multi-tasking and time management skills – allowing you to resolve application support requests in a timely, organized manner
- You enjoy problem-solving and technical troubleshooting
- You are familiar with issue escalation tracking / how a ticketing system works
- You are an uprising Senior pursuing a full-time Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Business Management, Communications, or a related technical field
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced, problem solving environment
- You have outstanding troubleshooting and analytical skills
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills, along with the ability to collaborate cross-functionally
- You have a basic knowledge of Excel and MS Office (SQL and HTML skills are a plus)
- You have a 3.0 GPA or above
- You are local to the Ventura, CA area and have your own housing and transportation
- You are able to work full, 40 hour weeks during Summer 2017
Tips for applicants:
- Elaborate on your project work in your resume: Whether they’re school assignments or personal projects, we want to see the complexity and value of the projects that you’ve worked on
- If you feel like your resume doesn’t speak volumes for your love of technology, tell us about what you’re passionate about and why you think you’d be a great fit for this internship by writing a Cover Letter!
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.