Director, Advanced TV
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are currently looking for a Director, Advanced TV to join our growing Advanced TV team. This role is responsible for development and execution of strategic partnerships with media and advertising agencies, television content owners, MVPDs, connected device manufacturers, TV data partners and others.
KEY DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Become an internal Subject Matter Expert on Advanced TV to help spearhead The Trade Desk’s education and evangelism of our TV ad solutions to TV buyers at ad agencies and to the TV ecosystem at large and to support our growing sales team in North America.
- Utilize your existing rolodex of relationships with TV partners on both the publisher and agency sides to support the growing business.
- Negotiate and grow relationships with key TV media publishers, content owners, and data companies
- Communicate the value of The Trade Desk media buying platform by walking through detailed demonstrations of the TD platform and related Advanced TV partnerships.
- Participate in contract negotiations with new TTD TV partnerships.
- Execute on a strategic plan to achieve revenue goals.
- Help the sales team to respond to RFPs and co-present TV product offering as needed.
- Manage and grow existing partnerships.
- Work with the product team to help shape the future of our product based on customer insights.
- Bachelors Degree
- 7+ years of experience in television advertising in sales/business development for National Broadcast Networks, MVPDs, Syndicators, OTT devices, Video SSPs or Local Broadcast Stations. Experience and understanding of both digital advertising and TV advertising buying strongly preferred.
- Expert understanding and vision around the evolving TV advertising landscape including online video, connected TV, Streaming TV and Linear TV business models.
- Strong and established relationships with TV media leadership and decision-makers at TV publishers. VOD, OTT, Video SSPs, and others
- Strong quantitative skills and negotiation abilities.
- Self-starter able to tackle new partnerships or projects with little guidance and own a project from start to finish.
- Quick learner able to rapidly grasp new technology and product changes
- Able to travel 20-40% of the time including some overnight travel
- Experience in managing longer sales/partnership cycles with multiple stakeholders
- Comfortable working with several different teams inside The Trade Desk to collaboratively grow an account
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.