WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Reporting to the Director, Revenue, the Revenue Associate to perform technical aspects related to the order to cash process. The Revenue Associate will be responsible for accurate accounting, reporting and analysis of all aspects of revenue accounting.
KEY DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Trade Desk is seeking a Revenue Associate that will collaborate with other individuals in the Revenue Department to oversee the order to cash process from a revenue accounting perspective. Reporting to the Director, Revenue, the Revenue Associate will learn The Trade Desk platform in terms of applying revenue recognition principles, to ensure efficiency and accuracy of transactional processing from a technical accounting and operational perspective.
- Understand the AR/credit/billings process/platform and review changes to systems and test (platform)
- Establish policies and systems to assist in efficient and accurate revenue accounting
- Assist in review of revenue contracts. Summarize key terms, issues and seek approvals as needed; document contract changes and/or new customer contracts.
- Assist in review of vendor contracts and dealings with third party suppliers that become part of the net revenue accounting process and perform analysis as needed.
- Responsible for month end revenue close including journal entries and account reconciliations related to revenue, accruals, reserves, and related expenses.
- Work with external auditors to ensure revenue recognition interpretations are consistent with GAAP and provide related support
- Support external SEC reporting and SOX processes as needed.
- A BA degree with an emphasis in Finance or Accounting; CPA or equivalent preferred
- 3+ years of experience in revenue recognition in Big 4 public accounting and/or industry
- Strong technical accounting background and knowledge of revenue accounting and financial principles
- Outstanding communication skills – including written and verbal communications, interpersonal, analytical, negotiating and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines
- Ability to juggle multiple high priorities in a fast-paced environment and have a willingness to learn
- Proficient in the use of Excel and spreadsheet applications
- Familiarity with revenue accounting/reporting systems preferred
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.