Network & Security Manager
The Network and Security Manager supports, installs, configures, and maintains the organization’s global network/telephony services and is responsible for the company’s global IT security program in a hands-on capacity. The role will be responsible for implementing various network/telephony projects & upgrades, assist with strategic planning and the establishment of a robust IT Security center of excellence.
- Provides project management for network software/hardware and Global VoIP for new sites and retrofits.
- Deploys, administers, maintains and is responsible for
- WAN and LAN Network Devices
- Cloud based VoIP telephony solution
- Data/voice circuits
- Maintains a high level of communication and positive professional relations with our current and/or future vendors and suppliers
- Proficient with programming, troubleshooting and maintaining Cisco Meraki firewalls, layer 2 / layer 3 switches, wireless access points and VPN.
- Maintains and recommends network security control systems with IPS, Anti-Malware, Anti-virus, URL filtering, Web Proxy, DDOS mitigation etc.
- Accountable for security incident response processes and activities.
- Demonstrated experience with network protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, IPSEC) and Directory authentication
- Leverages best practices approach towards projects, implementations, and issue resolution; ability to provide status updates and reports
- Creates and maintains efficient documentation for IT Standards, Policies, Procedures and KB
- Provides tier-3 helpdesk support for domain area
- Responsible for knowing and complying with applicable Quality Management System (QMS) and process requirements as they apply to their area of responsibility
- Other duties as assigned
DESIRED SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Keyboarding skills and computer proficiency with software knowledge to include MS Office
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills required
- Strong customer service and presentation skills
- Able to analyze customer needs and reach acceptable solutions
- Comprehension and adherence to company procedures and policies required
- Able to perform effectively with supervision, either independently or as a team member
- Able to maintain confidentiality of information and systems required
- Conduct that supports the company’s ethics, core values, and compliance programs
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required in related IT field, or unrelated field with appropriate hands on demonstrated experience
- Five to eight years of experience in a similar hands-on engineering role required in the areas of
- Network switch & security, wireless, firewall/IPS, QoS prioritization, Traffic shaping, HA/Failover
- Anti-virus/Malware defense, DDOS and IP based attack mitigation
- New circuit provisioning and carrier management
- Hosted or on-prem PBX management
- One to three years of Security program experience preferred, either as a team member or lead.
- Previous experience desirable in the areas of
- Amazon web services / EC2 (Related to the creation and use of virtual servers, HA Zones, VPN endpoints)
- Cisco Meraki products
- International deployments and international end user support
- Working with remote users for troubleshooting and new equipment provisioning
- Previous experience working at a startup is preferred
- Prior experience working with an IT ticket/request system is highly desired
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk or a combination of the three for up to 10 hours a day
- Position requires the ability to speak and hear 50% of the time
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be committed to a high standard of safety and be willing and able to comply with all safety laws and all of our safety policies
- Must be willing to report safety violations and potential safety violations to appropriate supervisor or management
- Attendance: Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance.
- Regular Hours: Must be regularly available and willing to work at least 8 hours per day, five days per week, or such other hours per day or hours per week as we determine are necessary or desirable to meet business needs.
- Overtime: Must be available and willing to work such overtime per week as we determine is necessary or desirable to meet business needs.
- Weekend and Holiday: Must be available and willing to work such weekends and holidays as we determine are necessary or desirable to meet THE TRADE DESK's business needs.
- Will be required to carry a company-funded smart phone and expected to respond to urgent calls in a timely manner. This may require remote or occasional on-site support.
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.