Business Intelligence Analyst
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
As member of The Trade Desk’s Business Intelligence Team, you will work extensively with Trade Desk team members across all functional areas to understand data and reporting needs; maintain the integrity of company data and put checks in place to ensure accuracy; and create dashboards and reports to allow teams to easily explore data pertinent to their ongoing operations. You will be an active participant as we evolve a robust corporate data repository. Ultimately, your technical expertise and understanding of operating KPIs will help our Senior Management team identify key growth opportunities.
KEY DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Business Intelligence reports to our Manager of BI Service and will own BI service delivery and special projects from start to completion, including:
- Contribute to Global BI Team process improvement initiatives and projects
- Make individual contributions to Global BI Team KPI achievement
- Consult directly with clients and TTD stakeholders on advanced business intelligence needs
- Fulfill data analytics and reporting requests
- Participate in release oversight of sensitive reporting information to appropriate audiences
- Contribute to the assessment of the current state of existing data, enhancements that can be made, and future data points that could provide value to the company
- Define, create, implement and standardize “single source of truth” reports and dashboards for various departments within the company
- Contribute to the company’s Knowledge Base by the creation of new articles and updating existing ones.
- Assist with screening and hiring permanent support team members for the Global BI Team
- Participate training on support-related tools and processes
- Light on-call/after-hours support
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Proven experience and ability to develop complex SQL queries and reports
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally in a fast-paced start-up
- Ability to manipulate and draw insights from extremely large datasets with minimal support
- Must have deep hands-on expertise with relational databases (primarily Microsoft SQL), and data warehouse methodologies/practices - experience with Vertica, Tableau, Hyperion, Essbase and Hadoop a plus
- Advanced MS Excel skills a must, experience with R/Python a plus
- Experience in a customer / client facing role (working directly with business stakeholders)
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university is required; quantitatively focused majors preferred (Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, etc.)
- 3+ years of relevant work experience working in an analytics environment
- Effective time management skills – ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.