WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
The Media Strategist is a key component of new business efforts at TTD. The Media Strategist should be well versed in all aspects of The Trade Desk’s targeting capabilities, product releases, and our positioning in the marketplace in order to effectively serve as our development hub for new business oriented materials such as product release decks, RFP responses, media plans & proposals. This person will work collaboratively between our internal teams & customers to decode advertiser business objectives and develop innovative solutions around our proprietary tech. The ideal candidate will understand how the digital media buyers within ad agencies operate and have the ability to position TTD’s technology and services in compelling ways. The ideal Media Strategist will thrive on being incredibly busy, playing a support role to the Business Development and Account Management teams and must be able to produce high quality, analytical work while often operating within tight deadlines. This is a fantastic growth opportunity for someone early career who is hungry to learn, data driven, detailed orientated and brings an eye for making client and sales materials substantive while visually appealing. The candidate must have a genuine interest in adtech, big data and being a part of the future of advertising.
KEY DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Partner with Account Management and Business Development teams to develop strategies to drive revenue from new and existing accounts
- Ensure a high quality of RFP responses, media plans and other prospect facing materials to give TTD the best chance of winning opportunities.
- Research prospective brands and advertisers to understand their current marketing efforts, competitors, and positioning.
- Ownership of the sales asset library. Organize all presentation and other assets.
- Work closely with Marketing to develop collateral based on weekly product releases.
- Liaise with Account Management, Traders, Product, Tech & Marketing to aggregate relevant information to drive deals forward.
- Review market data to uncover client opportunities.
- Update the teams on best practices in all biddable media channels, new industry developments, and general industry education.
- 2-3 years of Media Planning & Digital Strategy experience.
- Must be curious, self-motivated and scrappy; able to take the initiative to get the job done
- Ability to turn a concept or idea into substantive, visual marketing materials.
- Comfortable with online advertising metrics
- Team player and customer service oriented
- Ability to think analytically, strategically and tactically
- Fantastic writing and communications skills
- Quick learner - able to grasp new technology and product changes
- Meticulous attention to detail; Can you find a needle in a haystack? Will you not quit until you do?
- Exceptional PPT skills
- Solid Excel Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year university
- Knowledge of programmatic industry, DSPs, or DMPs is plus but not required
- Ad agency planning/buying or publisher sales planner experience preferred
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.