Senior Account Executive, Strategic Business Development
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We’re looking to add to our sales team with someone who lives and breathes APIs, a technical evangelist who is equally comfortable selling to both the CEO and the CTO to represent our Enterprise Sales team.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop deep technical understanding of The Trade Desk platform and related API and reporting feed documentation
- Build a strategic plan to achieve revenue goals and proactively seek out new customers to build on The Trade Desk platform
- Build a strategic plan to achieve revenue goals from existing Enterprise clients.
- Communicate the value of The Trade Desk media buying platform by walking through detailed demonstrations of the product
- Post sale, work cross functionally with The Trade Desk’s account management, integrations and engineering teams to guide successful customer integrations
- Respond to RFPs and prepare technical proposals and statements of work to win new business
- Develop long-term relationships with senior decision-makers at current and prospective clients
- Work with the product team to help share customer insights to shape our platform
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year university; MBA or other advanced degree a plus
- 3-5 years of experience in online advertising in outbound sales or sales engineering role
- A fundamental understanding of the Adtech landscape.
- Experience working with customers on API builds or other technical integrations
- Experience at an online publisher, ad network, ad exchange, ad server, SEM platform, DSP, or other online advertising role
- History of longstanding, consultative client relationships
- Strong quantitative skills and negotiations ability
- Self-starter – able to tackle new clients or territories with little guidance
- Quick learner – able to rapidly grasp new technology and product changes
- Able to travel 25-50% of the time including overnight
- Experience in managing longer sales cycles with many stakeholders
- Proven track record of exceeding revenue expectations
The Trade Desk will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Ordinance No. 184652
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.