Senior Director, Client Development
WHO WE ARE:
The Trade Desk is leading the way to the future of marketing by changing how advertising is bought and sold. Working with the largest brands and agencies around the world, our technology platform helps consumers discover products they want by enabling advertisers to target and reach them on the right channels at the right time.
Employees join The Trade Desk to discover opportunity, contribute to our customers’ success, and be part of building the future of marketing. You’ll work with creative, compassionate, and collaborative colleagues that share a passion for making the internet better for all – a combination that simply can't be beat.
When you join The Trade Desk, you’re joining a family. We have open space work environments, adjustable sitting/standing desks, and a celebrated open-door policy (at all levels) that can inspire out-of-the-box solutions and camaraderie among your coworkers. The competitive compensation packages, full benefits, stock options, and additional discounted stock purchase opportunities, catered lunches, and offsite team building activities may cause slight to severe jealousy among your peers.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
The Trade Desk is changing the way global brands and their agencies advertise to audiences around the world. How? With a media-buying platform that helps brands deliver a more insightful and relevant ad experience for consumers — and sets a new standard for global reach, accuracy, and transparency.
So if you’re talented, driven, creative, and hungry to bring something entirely new and wildly ambitious into the world (and have some fun doing it), then we want to talk.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Take ownership for representing some of our most strategic relationships with The Trade Desk’s largest clients
- Work collectively with greater global Sales, Client Services, and Trading teams to cultivate focused accounts and brands
- Own relationships with commercial and contract leads at major Advertising clients
- Communicate the value of our media buying platform by aligning The Trade Desk’s media buying philosophy with our client’s
- Participate in product road map build out discussions based on client needs with senior leadership, product, & engineering
- Take lead in responding to RFPs, including qualification & win strategy
- Coordinate global account discussions with counterparts in APAC and US regions
- Work closely with product, marketing and revenue teams to constantly optimise efforts relating to company-wide goals
- Identify and close strategic up-selling opportunities by understanding core client business needs
- Build deep and lasting connections internally across The Trade Desk departments and specialty functions.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
We are looking for a commercially savvy, very senior sales individual to identify, grow, and nurture key clients. You’ll need a proven track record of delivering results, building relationships and collaborating with other teams as you’ll be working with some of our most strategic clients.
- A proven track record in online advertising outbound sales
- Experience at an online publisher, ad network, ad exchange, ad server, SEM platform, DSP, or other online advertising role
- Existing relationships with decision makers at major agencies and advertisers
- Experience establishing longstanding, consultative client relationships
- Strong quantitative skills and negotiations ability, able to lead commercial negotiations for large global accounts
- Strong communication skills with an ability to speak with C-level clients
- Passion for owning a room, closing deals, and getting wins
- Proven track record of exceeding revenue expectations.
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.