WHO WE ARE:
The Trade Desk is leading the way to the future of marketing by changing how advertising is bought and sold. Working with the largest brands and agencies around the world, our technology platform helps consumers discover products they want by enabling advertisers to target and reach them on the right channels at the right time.
Employees join The Trade Desk to discover opportunity, contribute to our customers’ success, and be part of building the future of marketing. You’ll work with creative, compassionate, and collaborative colleagues that share a passion for making the internet better for all – a combination that simply can't be beat.
When you join The Trade Desk, you’re joining a family. We have open space work environments, adjustable sitting/standing desks, and a celebrated open-door policy (at all levels) that can inspire out-of-the-box solutions and camaraderie among your coworkers. The competitive compensation packages, full benefits, stock options, and additional discounted stock purchase opportunities, catered lunches, and offsite team building activities may cause slight to severe jealousy among your peers.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
The Trade Desk is seeking an inspirational Office Manager to join our dynamic Workplace Experience team! This role is responsible for managing all day-to-day workplace operations, including a local team of Coordinators where applicable, with the goal of providing a positive, safe, productive, and “best in class” workplace experience. This person will be a strong Cultural Ambassador for The Trade Desk bringing first-class hospitality and a customer centric approach to work each day. Candidates must be able to work independently with little or no on-site supervision, be able to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment and have strong written and verbal communication skills. The candidate should have strong mentorship qualities to train and educate team members and staff. This role is multi-faceted, dynamic and engaging; an upbeat, positive attitude is a must.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Be a leader and the “face of the office” by engaging with employees at all levels of the organization to get the “pulse of the culture” within the workplace
- Recruit and manage a team of workplace coordinators, front of house specialists and other positions responsible for day to day delivery of workplace services
- Serve as the lead point of contact for local staff with a strong focus on providing a positive employee and guest experience
- Using independent judgment; proactively and efficiently manage end to end workplace operations, create and implement process and procedures, manage budgets, and deliver programs and services that positively impacts the workplace culture and employee productivity
- Must have excellent organizational and problem-solving skills, be solution focused, have high EQ, be professional, collaborative, reliable, and provide excellent customer service
- Educate and influence local staff and business leaders through timely, relevant and tailored communication that balances the needs of the business with the solutions the Workplace Experience team can provide
- Build and own relationships with local senior business leaders, consult and advise on workplace operations and partner efficiently to create and articulate future plans with a solution minded approach
- Support workplace and building security policies, procedures, and systems in partnership with the Global Real Estate team
- Maintain the local workplace intranet page with relevant and useful information for employees and visitors including building information, security and tips for traveling employees
- Coordinate the new hire onboarding process for employees and contractors in close collaboration with senior business leads, Talent Acquisition, People Ops, IT, and Real Estate teams
- Partner with the People Operations department to maintain and help enforce workplace policies
- Manage local vendor partners, identify, negotiate, and recommend new vendor relationships, and address service concerns through timely performance reviews
- Manage vendor service delivery and quality for areas related to food and beverage, janitorial, office supplies, mail/deliveries and meeting room management
- Own the workplace seating plan, coordinate changes with hiring managers and department leads, and maintain data accuracy of internal systems and tools
- Oversee the Front of House (concierge) program, develop and implement scalable processes that enhance the overall experience for employees and guests
- Manage the Corporate Credit Card program, independently assess charge requests and ensure compliance to company expense guidelines
- Lead coordination efforts with internal stakeholders and special committees to assist with organizing, planning, budgeting and identifying outside vendors for in-house activities such as morale events, team meetings and holiday parties
- Collaborate with global real estate colleagues on best practices
- In partnership with the Real Estate team, coordinate and communicate with building management and service providers to ensure efficient operation of the building, schedule regular maintenance of furniture, appliances and equipment
- Work with building management to ensure workplace safety and communicate information to employees and visitors in a timely manner
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- 5+ years of previous experience implementing and managing an office or professional work environment
- Genuine interest in providing outstanding customer service
- Upbeat, positive attitude with attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Full knowledge of MS Office Suite – Word/Excel/PowerPoint
- Proactive attitude - check in with team early and often, alert the appropriate staff when there’s an issue and always strive to provide outstanding customer service
- Strong trouble shooting and problem-solving skills
- Able to respond after hours for emergencies and able to work outside of designated hours as needed
- A creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements
- Casual professional dress a must
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Active duties requiring walking, standing, reaching, bending, and crouching as part of daily activities
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.