Cash Allocation Specialist
WHO WE ARE:
The Trade Desk is leading the way to the future of marketing by changing how advertising is bought and sold. Working with the largest brands and agencies around the world, our technology platform helps consumers discover products they want by enabling advertisers to target and reach them on the right channels at the right time.
Employees join The Trade Desk to discover opportunity, contribute to our customers’ success, and be part of building the future of marketing. You’ll work with creative, compassionate, and collaborative colleagues that share a passion for making the internet better for all – a combination that simply can't be beat.
When you join The Trade Desk, you’re joining a family. We have open space work environments, adjustable sitting/standing desks, and a celebrated open-door policy (at all levels) that can inspire out-of-the-box solutions and camaraderie among your coworkers. The competitive compensation packages, full benefits, stock options, and additional discounted stock purchase opportunities, catered lunches, and offsite team building activities may cause slight to severe jealousy among your peers.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
We are looking for a high energy, hands-on, individual to join the International Credit and Collections team as Cash Allocation Specialist. This role requires the willingness to work cross-functionally with the Finance teams in the UK and US. You will have the ability to operate accurately, effectively, and with an eye for detail in a fast-moving environment as well as the desire to contribute to a hardworking team dynamic.
This role is based in The Trade Desk’s International HQ in London and reports to the Credit and Collections Manager International covering tasks across EMEA, NOAM, and LATAM.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Timely allocation and reconciliation of incoming multi-currency payments to customer accounts and invoices, matching open items to receipts
- Investigate and resolve unallocated and unidentified receipts, working with collectors to resovle when required
- Monitor an email inbox for remittances and chase remittance advices not received from clients to ensure payments can be applied
- Ensure all communication received from clients is recorded in Oracle, including bank receipts, remittance advice, and any correspondence that relates to clients cash allocations
- Record all cheques received, upload copies of cheques to Oracle, and send to the bank for processing,
- Perform a daily reconciliation between the bank and Oracle reports, and review FX gain/loss report on a weekly basis.
- Process all, credit memos for bank charges, withholding tax, levy deductions, balance write offs, and account adjustments
- Accurately reconcile and load payments received into TTD’s platform
- Respond to SOX and external auditors’ requests on time and when required
- Ensure all cash allocations month-end processes are completed by due dates (sometimes falling on weekends), working closely with the revenue, billing, and GL teams.
- Participate in other ad-hoc projects as required
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- 5+ years’ experience in Cash Allocations/Accounts Receivable roles.
- Experience with ERP/general ledger systems essential, preferably Oracle
- Demonstrate experience allocating multi-currency payments essential
- Must have excellent customer service skills, and the ability to liaise across time zones.
- Ability to work under pressure whilst still maintaining attention to detail, accuracy, and effective controls
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities
- Can demonstrate good judgment while ensuring policies and processes are followed
- Organized, accurate, with good attention to detail, and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of Excel (V-Lookups, pivot tables required)
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.