Director of Trading
WHO WE ARE:
The Trade Desk is leading the way to the future of marketing by changing how advertising is bought and sold.
The largest brands and agencies around the world use our technology platform to support consumers in the discovery of suitable products, by enabling advertisers to target and reach individuals on the right channels at the right time.
Employees join The Trade Desk to discover opportunity, contribute to our customers' success, and to be part of building the future of marketing. You'll work with creative, compassionate, and collaborative colleagues that share a passion for making the internet better for all – a combination that can't be beat.
When you join The Trade Desk, you're joining a family. We have open space work environments, adjustable sitting/standing desks, and a celebrated open-door policy (at all levels) that can inspire out-of-the-box solutions and camaraderie among your coworkers. The competitive compensation packages, full benefits, stock options, and additional discounted stock purchase opportunities, catered lunches, and offsite team building activities may cause slight to severe jealousy among your peers.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
We're looking for a coach, functional manager, and a senior strategic advisor. You'll own function-specific training, set excellence standards, and develop best practices and processes across our Trading teams. This position will lead our entire Trading portfolio, rather than individual accounts, with full responsibility for the broader group.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Manage a portfolio for all key clients across the UK.
- Oversee a team of both Trading Specialists Senior Trading Specialists and Trading Directors.
- Comfortable with managing direct reports that have stronger skillsets as individual contributors and nurturing that growth.
- Actively developing the next generation of leaders.
- Motivate and empower a team to drive consistent YoY account growth.
- Act as an escalation point for more complex and challenging conversations with senior leadership, internally and externally.
- Advocate internally with senior cross-functional stakeholders for clients’ product needs.
- Work with Product Management and other cross-functional teams to help define features and enhancements to improve our platform.
- Understand and effectively communicate The Trade Desk’s value proposition, technology, processes, and partnerships, as they relate to the growth of current client accounts
- Work closely with the Account Management leaders to help build the Client Services practice, including developing training material, customer-facing assets, and internal resources for trading media through our platform.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Bachelor’s Degree would be advantageous.
- Online ad-operations experience required; with a proven track record of success within a client-facing role.
- Knowledge of working with ad-exchanges, aggregators, ad servers, and other optimisation platforms
- Experience in directing, delegating, and leading a small team of direct reports. Able to provide specific, consistent feedback (including constructive feedback), and annual reviews.
- Track record of improving direct reports year-on-year through continued coaching and development.
- Solid experience in Excel, including pivot tables, chart-making, and manipulation of data sets.
- Outstanding troubleshooting, analytical, and problem-solving abilities, along with an ability to collaborate cross-functionally.
- Proven skills and experience in growing a portfolio of accounts by effectively managing and leading a team of direct reports. Ability to understand the client’s strategy and objectives.
- Self-starter – able to tackle new clients or territories with little guidance
- Quick learner – able to rapidly grasp new technology and product changes
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or recruiters. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate based on race, colour, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under local law.