Privacy Program Manager
WHO WE ARE:
The Trade Desk is leading the way to the future of marketing by changing how advertising is bought and sold. Working with the largest brands and agencies around the world, our technology platform helps consumers discover products they want by enabling advertisers to target and reach them on the right channels at the right time.
Employees join The Trade Desk to discover opportunity, contribute to our customers’ success, and be part of building the future of marketing. You’ll work with creative, compassionate, and collaborative colleagues that share a passion for making the internet better for all – a combination that simply can't be beat.
When you join The Trade Desk, you’re joining a family. We have open space work environments, adjustable sitting/standing desks, and a celebrated open-door policy (at all levels) that can inspire out-of-the-box solutions and camaraderie among your coworkers. The competitive compensation packages, full benefits, stock options, and additional discounted stock purchase opportunities, catered lunches, and offsite team building activities may cause slight to severe jealousy among your peers.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
As a member of The Trade Desk’s Privacy Team, the GM/VP of Product Privacy will be part of a dedicated privacy team doing cutting edge privacy work at a high-growth global technology company. The GM/VP of Product Privacy will lead product privacy strategy, with visibility and influence across the organization, as we help product, engineering, and business teams to continue growing one of the hottest tech companies there is.
This role requires a high caliber individual, able to work independently, with curiosity, great attention to detail, and an unshakeable drive to keep projects on track. In this role, you’ll report to the Chief Privacy Counsel, and although it is not a legal role, you must have a proven ability to understand complex issues involving technology, and be able to act as an effective bridge between the Legal/Privacy teams and the rest of business.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Work cross-functionally and globally to drive the thorough and efficient implementation of product privacy strategic plans supporting The Trade Desk’s privacy compliance and risk management objectives and goals.
- Translate the company’s privacy compliance and risk management objectives and goals into product strategy and ensure accurate and timely implementation via policy rollouts, privacy reviews, privacy product management, privacy training, policy enforcement and more.
- Oversee compliance with policies and contractual obligations related to privacy and data usage.
- Maintain a strong understanding of privacy developments around the globe that affect the company and the industry.
- Continually improve processes to scale globally with a consistent but locally relevant approach.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- At least 5 years of prior leadership experience in product management, project management, program management, or compliance with a specialization in privacy
- Hyper-organized leader able to drive high volumes of large cross functional strategic initiatives
- Knowledge of, and experience applying, privacy concepts, laws, and regulations
- Top-notch diplomacy and the ability to influence outcomes at all levels of the organization
- Exceptionally thorough, with excellent judgment
- Technical understanding of computers and the internet is a necessity, i.e. should be able to understand and explain data flows, how the internet works, cookies, servers, clients, etc
- Knowledge of programmatic advertising would be highly beneficial
- CIPP certification, or ability and willingness to obtain within 3 months of starting
- Masters degree preferred
- Comfort working in the fast-paced environment of a rapidly-expanding technology company
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.