Senior Business Intelligence Analyst
WHO WE ARE:
Founded by the pioneers of real-time bidding (RTB), The Trade Desk has become the fastest growing demand-side platform (DSP) in the industry by offering agencies and their advertisers a best-in-class technology platform that focuses on delivering meaningful and relevant engagement with consumers.
With integrations into every major advertising exchange, we handle 10 million queries per second and growing – that's more page views and queries than Facebook, Google Search, and Google's entire network of websites combined – all serviced in single-digit-ms response times. Are you interested in working with big data? Do you want to push the edges of scale and responsiveness? It doesn't get much bigger or faster than this!
Recently named one of the top 10 most promising companies in America by Forbes Magazine and one of the "Best Places To Work" in the nation by Outdoor Magazine, The Trade Desk offers a culture of "relaxed intensity" – one that comes from working alongside one of the most talented teams in our industry, and leading in a race that is ours to lose.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
The Senior Business Intelligence Analyst is a key contributor and subject matter expert on the Business Intelligence team enabling our Finance and Sales Teams to make data-driven decisions. This role requires working cross-functionally to understand evolving business needs and requirements. And is responsible for designing and developing reports, presentations, and models to guide the strategic decision making of stakeholders. They also use advanced analytics techniques to guide business decisions and proactively identify opportunities and threats.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Mine multiple data sources to support complex operational analysis. Execute and/or coordinate critical analytics initiatives providing an interpretation of findings and the implications to The Trade Desk
- Provide monthly analysis of financial performance across regions and offices. Develop key relationships across regions and offices to determine actionable insights for leadership
- Proactively seek and frame opportunities and identify business risks for The Trade Desk
- Develop solutions that proactively improve operational efficiency for stakeholders
- Act as a consulting resource for data architecture and data model creation across the enterprise
- Design, develop, populate and maintain forecast models, ranging from global revenue to specific region and product
- Collaborate with Finance and Sales to share information for forecasts and ensures all forecasts are completed with the highest level of diligence and precision.
- Participate in, and lead cross-functional teams whose members include Marketing, Sales, Operations, and Finance
- Perform other duties as assigned
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field (Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, etc.) or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of analytical experience in Revenue, Sales or Business Analytics
- Must have experience with Microsoft Excel (expert level) and ability to create compelling PPT presentations
- Excellent critical thinking skills and proven track record with presenting quantitative information to stakeholders at all levels of an organization
- 2-3 years' experience in one or more programming languages, such as SAS/SQL/R
- Experience with business intelligence (BI) tools (Tableau, Qlik, Looker, etc.)
- Experience integrating data across disparate sources and platforms
- Forecasting and Market Research experience preferred
- Experience with ETL frameworks (SSIS, Informatica, etc.) a plus
- Able to successfully handle multiple competing priorities. Innovative, and outcomes obsessed
- Ability to present clearly and concisely to a diverse group of business and clinical stakeholders
- Ability to work in rapidly growing environment, with excellent attention to detail, multitasking and organizational skills
- Ability to build consensus across cross-functional and across geographic teams
- Must possess a 'can-do' attitude with the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff
- Ability to convey technical topics to non-technical audiences
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to handle high levels of pressure and apply critical decision making with constantly shifting priorities
- Ability to work independently and with a team on simultaneous tasks in a fast-paced environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- Ability to understand complicated problems and supply concise and relevant answers
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.