Manager, Editorial Content
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
The Trade Desk seeks a talented content creator to write, project manage and work cross-functionally to distribute a variety of editorial content to our audiences across the advertising landscape. The Manager, Editorial Content will be responsible for capturing The Trade Desk’s voice for each audience group. This role is also responsible for educating each audience group, offering unique perspectives to emphasize key messaging points or releases.
This role requires creativity, project management acumen, and a commitment to producing published materials to drive business objectives. As a critical part of the Marketing team, you’ll collaborate with the Director of Marketing to create the company’s written editorial content for the North American region, as well as work closely with our Digital, PR, Partner and Product Marketing teams to produce complementary materials.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Collaborate with the Content team to write/create a continuous stream of high-quality content ideas to align with key releases, campaigns or messaging.
- Manage the The Trade Desk’s NA editorial calendar.
- Manage end-to-end content creation—including fact checking, editing, and obtaining publishing approval via proper team and legal channels.
- Create whitepapers, ebooks, and other long-form content with compelling calls-to-action to drive awareness and leads.
- Partner with The Trade Desk’s subject matter experts globally to generate frequent blog posts that reinforce the company’s thought leadership position in the space.
- Work across the different marketing functions to understand business objectives and drive content creation.
- Measure all content initiatives and use performance metrics to inform overall content strategy.
- Ensure all external content maintains a high level of quality, features a consistent tone and style, and supports and reinforces key messages for given audience at each stage of the sales funnel.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 5-8 years of content marketing experience, preferably in the B2B technology space
- Proven ability to write high-quality long- and short-form content, experience in journalism would be an advantage
- Intellectual curiosity to learn all things programmatic and the nuances of the advertising technology industry.
- Ability to adapt writing style to varying target audiences and content formats
- Knowledge of content marketing metrics and reporting
- Ability to work independently and prioritize effectively and balance multiple, disparate work streams.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about complex issues, leading to thoughtful recommendations, action plans, and results.
- Make a positive contribution to the Trade Desk company and culture
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without a contract in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.