Entry-Level Site Reliability Engineer
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
We are looking to hire an entry level Site Reliability Engineer interested in managing our globally distributed Windows and Linux based platform. You enjoy investigating problems and want to use infrastructure as code to manage changes and deploy new software and tools. You might be a recent college graduate or looking to move from another discipline such as software engineering, I.T., or network engineering. With the help of our global SRE team, you will use an analytical and creative mindset to keep our software online, create solutions, and solve issues.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Monitor the capacity of worldwide serving and data systems. Continually improve capacity measurement
- Participate in an on-call rotation
- Monitor production alerts, investigate, and solve for both the short and long term
- Work with developers and product owners to advocate for operational improvements in our software stack
- Troubleshoot, investigate, and fix production issues in cloud and hosted environments, including both hardware and internal software issues
- Configure AWS (Amazon Web Services) with Terraform
- Work with other engineers to automate reactive procedures and promote rapid response to systems and application issues
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Self-motivation, a drive to learn, and a passion for new technologies.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, Linux, or Windows fundamentals.
- Experience managing a hybrid Windows and Linux environment, or an interest in learning one of these platforms.
- Basic familiarity with SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Fundamental understanding of coding syntax and structures in any language.
- Knowledge of “infrastructure as code” principles and related tools such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, SaltStack, Terraform, Docker, Mesos, or Kubernetes.
- Experience with both cloud platforms such as AWS (Amazon Web Services) and “bare metal” traditional datacenters is a plus.
- Top-notch troubleshooting and analytical problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to document complex technical problems
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment, as well as independently with limited supervision
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.